History of the Mission
Dublin Christian Mission started as the Dublin City Mission in 1828, making it the second oldest independent city mission in the world. In 1965, the City Mission combined with the Dublin Medical Mission (1891) and the Dublin Mission (1953) to form the present Mission. In more recent years, the Mission has been engaged in youth work and homeless ministry in three locations throughout Dublin. Currently, the Mission’s activities include a Christian community centre for all ages and a homeless outreach centre.